Today I am going to review bar code scanner that can also scan QR or Barcodes from your smartphone the product is from a company called TEEMI provides different kinds of bar code scanners designed to handle your everyday applications. Easily improve efficiency, save time, and reduce errors with a barcode scanner designed for your specific application. The barcode scanner costs about $129.99 with with Free shipping if you have prime so that’s all you will pay. But how does it perform? That’s what this review intends to show you, so read on….
Here are some features of TMCT-50 scanner,
- This TMSL-50 scanner is a wireless Bluetooth 2D barcode scanner and can work with Apple iOS, Android, Window PC/tablets.
- Support onscreen virtual keyboard on IOS and android devices
- Support Prefix and Suffix feature, the customers can add numbers or characters before and after each scan. Customers can download the programming file on their website www.teemistore.com.
- Symbology Decode Capability: 1D: UPC/EAN, UPC/EAN with supplementals, Bookland EAN, ISSN, UCC Coupon Extended Code, Code128, GS1-128, ISBT 128, Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII, Trioptic Code 39, Code 32, Code 93, Code11, Matrix 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, Codabar, MSI, Chinese 2 of 5, GS1 DataBar variants, Korean 3 of 5, ISBT Concat 2D: PDF417, MicroPDF417, ,Data Matrix, Maxicode, QR Code, MicroQR, Aztec etc.
- Activate the inventory mode, scan everything and upload the scanned data when you come back.
The packaging, is a cardboard box with the scanner wrapped in bubble wrap on the box there is a inventory label ment just for the stock crew The scanner does have an identifying mark on it which is the TEEMI logo on the top of the scanner This scanner gets the job done with smartphones replacing regular paper coupons and credit cards in my opinion… You can read the best reviews found at theguidr.com
The scanner does come with an instruction pamphlet in English with different modes just like a regular barcode scanner. The scanner has a light inside the scanner when you press the button to scan the light comes on in case you are scanning a phone or a spot when there isn’t too much light near the barcode or QR Code. If you own a business you need one of these even if you don’t have POS system keeping a spreadsheet of the items you have in stock will keep your customer base coming back to your shop and opens up another world with being able to make and start scanning QR CODES Something I wished that this unit had a replaceable battery You also get a MICRO-USB cable to charge or you can use your own there is no wireless dongle as the scanner just connects via bluetooth to transfer the info from the scanner to your computer
So yes the scanner is expensive when compared to others out there , but is it even worth it? I would say yes if you want to keep accurate inventory without hiring another worker to do this job and having the ability to use QR CODES. Just an idea you could use QR codes instead of barcodes in your store The scanner is well made and it does have different modes where you can also read different UPC’s depending on what you want
|+Seems well made
+Perfect for any business owner or anyone who wants catalog books, dvds or any list+Able to scan smartphones+ Scans QR CODES
|-wasn’t able to connect bluetooth with my iPhone but worked great with my macbook|
UPDATE to what I said in the video about my phone not connecting to the scanner the company replied back and told me this….
“We noticed that you were unable to pair the scanner with your iPhone. Please kindly follow the steps below and try again:
1. forget or remove the scanner from the bluetooth list of your iPhone
2. scan “factory reset” on the manual
3. scan “power off” the scanner
4. restart the scanner
5. scan “bluetooth keyboard” barcode
6. find the scanner in the bluetooth list of your iPhone again and click connect icon”